The Spicy Potato Soft Tacos are the best vegetarian tacos ever. They are spicy, tangy, and just a little bit sweet. They are also very hearty and filling. They are easy to make, always get a lot of attention, and everyone loves them. These tacos are great for both a big group at a party and a small dinner with the family.
Here’s what you need to make the chipotle sauce and spicy potato tacos:
- Russet potatoes
- All-purpose flour
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Four tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar cheese
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream
- Dukes mayonnaise
- Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- Salt, table, and Kosher
- Fresh lime juice
Recipe: Step-by-Step Instructions Spicy Potato Soft Taco
- Potatoes should be washed, peeled, and cut into small cubes.
- Rinse and dry the cut potatoes with a paper towel.
- In a deep fryer, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the flour, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Put pieces of potato in the flour and toss them around to coat them well.
- Before putting the potatoes in the deep fryer, shake off any excess seasoning.
- Fry the potatoes in hot oil for 10 to 12 minutes, or until they are golden brown.
- Take the potatoes out of the fryer and drain them on a wire rack.
- Mix together all of the sauce ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Warm the tortillas before adding two to three teaspoons of potatoes to each.
- Add some shredded lettuce and cheese before finishing with a drizzle of chipotle sauce.
What are the perfect potatoes for a Spicy Potato Soft Taco?
Russet potatoes should be used. They are best for frying because they are thick, have a lot of starch, and don’t have much water. Because of the starch in these potatoes, they are great for frying. The outside gets a nice brown color, and the dense middle makes this potato bite a joy to eat.
How to Store a Hot Potato Soft Taco?
You might prepare these in advance and reheat them shortly before serving. It is a wonderful method for making breakfasts in advance. Simply separate the ingredients for storage. After the potatoes have cooled to room temperature, they should be stored in an airtight container. The sauce should be stored in its own sealed container. When you are ready to consume your tacos, warm the potatoes and tortillas. The taco can then be assembled. If you store these potato tacos, the sauce will dry up long before you can enjoy them.
A spicy potato soft taco sauce
For a fresh topping on these soft potato tacos, we make our own avocado crema sauce. If you don’t want to follow our easy recipe and make your own, you can use sauces like:
- Mild, medium, or hot taco sauce
- Mild, medium, or hot salsas, like cucumber salsa, mango, regular, or your favorite variety
- Cheese sauce
- Avocado cream
- Sriracha Aioli
What should I serve with a Spicy Potato Soft Taco?
For a quick and easy meal, serve spicy potato soft tacos with tortilla chips. You can, of course, serve them with:
- Avocado Crema
- Cheese sauce for dipping or spreading on top
- Spicy peppers
- Buritto Bowl
One of the many reasons we are so fond of Spicy Potato Soft Taco is that when we cook them, we are able to make simple and fast changes to them so that we can enjoy a variety of new flavors and textures. If you’re looking to spice things up a bit, give these tips a shot the next time:
- Add cooked peppers and onions
- Chopped up a red onion.
- Add jalapenos or other hot peppers on top.
- Mix some chili powder or taco seasoning into the potatoes before heating them.
- Use your favorite taco sauce, salsa, or cheese sauce
- For extra freshness, try squeezing lime on it.
Expert tips on how to make the best Spicy Potato Soft Taco
Keep these tips and tricks in mind when you make this spicy potato soft tacos to make sure they turn out great every time:
- Make sure corn tortillas are warm before you use them. It can help make them softer and less likely to break when folded or rolled.
- Don’t be afraid to top the tacos with more things to make them just right for you.
- Use leftovers to make a quick meal during the week.